Wednesday, August 25, 2010

We are Experiencing a 1930s Style Depression

Alternet/ by grantlawrence

I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. I will keep telling you so in hopes it sinks in with somebody. Over the last couple of years we have been through ‘green shoots’ and a supposedly slow recovery. Well as I said often, there wasn’t any green shoots and their was never a recovery. Unless you want to call bail outs for bankers and corporations a recovery.

So the news out now is the housing market just dropped 27% in July. It probably dropped more. We know, or should know, we can’t trust government numbers.

Now many economists are beginning to rethink their double dip recessions and call the economic disaster what it is–a Depression.

Click Here to read the full article.

Alternet/ by grantlawrence

No comments:

Post a Comment